I. Who is Valera Health?
III. Personal Information
What is Personal Information?
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
How do we collect your Personal Information?
How do we use your Personal Information?
How do we share your Personal Information?
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
IV. Who may use the Services?
V. Children’s Privacy
VI. Does Valera Health respond to Do Not Track signals?
VII. Data Security
IX. Contact Us
Valera Health provides compassionate mental healthcare to those who need it the most, when they need it the most.
Valera Health is not a medical group or a health care provider. Valera Health provides its users with the ability to obtain a telemedicine consultation provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, Valera Medical, P.A., Valera Medical, P.C., Valera Medical Corporation, and any other member of the Valera Medical affiliated covered entity (the “Medical Groups”), independent medical groups with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). The Medical Groups (or your own medical provider if you do not use a Medical Group Provider) are responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing their collection and use of your health information, not Valera Health.
|our “App”||Valera Health, our mobile application, available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.|
|“Personal Information”||Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual and any information listed here.|
|our “Platform”||Our Website and/or App.|
|our “Services”||Any services provided through our Platform.|
|our “Terms of Service”||Our terms of service located here.|
|our “Website”||Our website, https://www.valerahealth.com/.|
|“Valera Health,” “we,” “us,” or “our”||Valera Health, Inc.|
- You visit or use our Platform, including our Website and/or App;
- We communicate in e-mail, text message, and other electronic messages between you and us; and
- We communicate in person, such as on the phone.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information from and about you that may be able to personally identify you. We treat any information that may identify you as personal information. For example, your name and e-mail address are personal information.
|Categories of Personal Information||Specific Types of Personal Information Collected|
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual||Name, username, physical characteristics or description, home or billing address, telephone number, Social Security number, IP address, e-mail address, date of birth, health or medical information, banking or financial account number, or insurance policy number.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law||Age, national origin, medical conditions, genetic information (including familial genetic information), race, citizenship, disability, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex or gender identity, color, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, veteran or military status, or history of criminal convictions.|
|Biometric information||Photos, video, voice, exercise data, psychological characteristics, fingerprints, keystrokes, faceprints, gait patterns, genetics, behavioral characteristics, sleep data, biological characteristics, and other health data.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||IP address, operating system, log file information, traffic data, mobile network information, device mode, device ID, advertising ID, OS version, device language, browser type, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements, local time, and local time zone.|
Some Personal Information we collect may constitute PHI under HIPAA. As set forth above, your Provider will provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing their collection and use of your health information, not Valera Health. We will only collect and use PHI for the purposes of providing the Services or as otherwise permitted by law. We may combine your PHI with Personal Information that we have either obtained from you or through a third-party, such as your Provider, health insurer, employee benefits program, or other health care providers.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect most of this Personal Information directly from you. For example, when we speak to you by phone, text message, and e-mail. Additionally, we will collect information from you when you visit our Website or App and fill out forms, or purchase our Services.
We may also collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- From third-party apps you choose to connect your mobile device to, such as Apple Health or Google Fit.
- When you make payments through the Platform. We do not collect or store financial account information, though we may receive transaction identifiers and summary information that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
- When you contact us. When you contact Valera Health directly, such as when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
- Facebook Pixel and Instagram. We use Facebook Pixel and Instagram, a web analytics and advertising service provided by Facebook Inc. on our Platform. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook or Instagram advertisement, keep track of users who access our Platform or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Facebook Pixel and Instagram is also saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook or Instagram account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent for use of your data with Facebook Pixel https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_.
- Google Ads (AdWords). Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout– for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Other third party tools. We use other third party tools which allow us to track the performance of our Platform. These tools provide us with information about errors, app and website performance, and other technical details we may use to improve our Platform and/or the Services. For more information related to these third-party analytics providers please review How do we collect your Personal Information?.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide our Services to you, in a custom and user-friendly way, and to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Platform.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and/or to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with information or Services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you, including to provide you with notice about your account or contact you in response to a request.
- To promote and market our Platform and/or the Services to you, or those of our affiliates. For example, we may use your Personal Information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. You can opt-out of receiving these e-mails at any time as described below.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform and/or the Services we offer.
- To operate, maintain, supervise, administer, test, develop, and enhance our Platform or the Services, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Platform, and to develop new products and services.
- To train and re-train artificial intelligence applications.
- To anonymize and aggregate information (including Platform usage data) for analytics and reporting.
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and questionnaires.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- To authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To fulfill any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise set forth by law.
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, technology services and support, and data security advisors. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business transfer. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- De-identified information. We may also disclose de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- To market our services. We may share your Personal Information with affiliates and third parties to market our services.
Your choices about how we share your Personal Information.
Each type of web browser provides ways to restrict and delete cookies. Browser manufacturers provide resources to help you with managing cookies. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by Valera Health to promote our own Services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Valera Health as a result of a purchase, or your use of our Platform and/or the Services. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
You can review and change certain of your Personal Information by logging into your account and editing your profile. You may also Contact Us to inform us of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Valera Health operates subject to state and federal regulations, and the Platform and/or the Services may not be available in your state. You represent that you are not a person barred from enrolling for or receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions in which you may be located. Access to and use of the Platform and/or the Services is limited exclusively to users located in states within the United States where the Platform and/or the Services is available. The Platform and/or the Services are not available to users located outside the United States. Accessing the Platform and/or obtaining the Services from jurisdictions where content is illegal, or where we do not offer the Platform and/or the Services, is prohibited.
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Platform is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We have taken steps and implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, intentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, disclosure, or use. The Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet. Where you have been given or you have chosen a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential.
The sharing and disclosing of information via the internet is not completely secure. We strive to use best practices and industry standard security measures and tools to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to, on, or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platform, in your operating system, or mobile device.